Clarence Peters finally breaks silence following police detention after crew member shares details of Kodak's death - Hubtainment Nigeria

Breaking News

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Monday, May 4, 2020

Clarence Peters finally breaks silence following police detention after crew member shares details of Kodak's death

Popular Nigerian music video director Clarence Peters has finally spoken on the sudden death of video vixen and choreographer Love Divine, popularly known as Kodak, who died in his Lagos home on the 29th of April.
Clarence Peters was recently arrested by the police for questioning in relation to the death of video vixen, Kodak.
Spokesperson of the state police command, Bala Elkana, in a chat with LIB, confirmed that Clarence has been detained and is being questioned as the police is investigating for murder.
He said since the incident happened in Clarence’s apartment, himself and some others who were present at the time of the unfortunate incident, have been invited.
Recall that on April 30th, Nigerians woke up to the sad news of the demise of Kodak. Reports had it that she was electrocuted while charging her phone at Clarence’s apartment in Omole estate, Lagos state.
Following his arrest, a crew member identified as Melvn has spoken out, defending the ace video director. The crew member narrated how the video vixen died while insisting Clarence Peters was not at the scene, a claim Clarence’s girlfriend of 14 years also made.
While narrating the event that led to her death, he warned people against the use of phones with a metal body.
Clarence gave a detailed explanation of what happened on the day of her death
He also said that no one has been charged or arrested, by the Police, saying witnesses and himself willingly made themselves available to the Police for questioning.
Read below as he posted on his official Instagram page;
On the 29th of April 2020, Love Divine Ike (Picture Kodak) was in the dance studio, on the premises of Capital Dreams Pictures, with 5 other team members and myself – 7 people in total.
At about 7:30 pm on the same day, while in another office – a building beside the dance studio, on the same premises, some people who were said to be with Love Divine at the time, rushed in and called my attention to the fact that Love Divine had collapsed.
We immediately rushed her to the nearest hospital, which refused to let us into their premises, let alone admit her. They assumed she was a Covid-19 patient.
We tried, but we were not able to gain entry into a second hospital. We eventually got her to a third hospital where she was pronounced dead 30 minutes after arrival.
I was not physically in the same room as her when the incident occurred, and when I inquired, I was told by those present at the scene that Love Divine, while taking a break from the dance session, was sitting on one of the metal sliding door rails, charging and using her phone plugged to an extension box.
The witnesses didn’t realize anything was wrong, until they saw she had laid down, and they noticed smoke coming from her chest area.
She was said to be electrocuted, her phone was found on her chest, with severe burn marks, and the phone’s imprint on her chest.
The witnesses were taken to the Ojodu Police Headquarters straight from the hospital where statements were taken and the phone (which had traces of burnt flesh on it) was deposited.
The following day, the Police conducted an examination of the body and were taken to the scene of the incident for further examination.
The Police are currently carrying out a full-scale investigation into the events that occurred, and an autopsy will be carried out, with the full permission and consent of her family.
Please note that no one has been charged or arrested, by the Police. The witnesses and I willingly made ourselves available to the Police and we have all pledged our full co-operation, through every part of this process. I will be helping out in every possible capacity.
Love Divine and the entire WestLifeCrew was a huge part of Capital Dreams Pictures, and losing her hurts us all deeply.
She was an exemplary person, and a legend in her own rights. We will miss her very much.
Words will never be enough to describe what her family is going through in these things trying times. My thoughts and prayers are with them, and I ask God to grant them all the strength & fortitude at this time.
This is a truly difficult time for us all, and we’re asking for a lot of patience and goodwill from the general public, in these difficult times.
May God help us through this.
Clarence Peters was said to have been working on an isolated shot with Kodak and few other team members shortly before her death.
Peters is veteran Nollywood actress, Clarence Chukwura’s son, she is now based in the U.S. with her new husband
Melvn said Kodak was charging her phone which has a metal cover and she was also trying to use a metal socket while her body was sweaty with no shoes.
He added that, suddenly, they heard a bang which got them curious.
“We looked back to see what happened and saw a spark on LD’s phone lying on her chest, we rushed to her to see that she had been electrocuted, we carried her somewhere safer, tried to revive her, she was responding with gasps, her colleague was calling her name, I went out to call for help, then Clearance was notified.
“After first aid, we carried her in a car and went to hospital in the estate, they wouldn’t even open gate. We moved to another hospital, finally, doctor came and checked her and said she was dead….”
Read the rest of his narration in the screenshots below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here